Welcome to U of T Engineering! The First Year Office is here to help you make a successful transition to a new and exciting learning environment at the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering. Our goal is to give you the tools you need to make informed decisions during your first year of studies.
The First Year Office (FYO) will be open to in-person traffic through the Registrar's Office (GB157) three days a week starting Sept. 7, 2021.
Contact the First Year Office in person or by Live Chat
Note: Starting Sept. 7, 2021, until further notice, please visit the FYO through the Registrar's Office (GB157).
- Monday, Sept. 6 (Labour Day Holiday): Closed
- Tuesday, Sept. 7: Open in-person from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in GB157 (closed 12:30-1 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Sept. 8: Online, Live Chat only from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 9: Open in-person from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in GB157 (closed 12:30-1 p.m.)
- Friday, Sept. 10: Open in-person from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in GB157 (closed 12:30-1 p.m.)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: Open in-person from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. in GB157 (closed 12:30-1 p.m.)
- Tuesdays, Thursdays: Online, Live Chat only from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Closed weekends and holidays.
All general email inquiries will be answered within 1-2 business days. However, during peak periods the response time may be longer. Please include your student number when contacting us.
416-978-4625 (if we are unable to answer, leave us a detailed message, and we will return your call during office hours)
35 St. George Street (Galbraith Building), Room 170
You can also follow us on Twitter.
We are always looking to enhance the ways in which you can communicate and connect with our office! Please complete this short survey to help us best support you in your first year.
Looking for FYO job postings? Current postings are available online.