The Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering now offers a wide range of certificates in areas that interest many undergraduate engineering students:
- Artificial Intelligence Engineering
- Engineering Business
- Engineering Leadership
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Small Business
- Forensic Engineering
- Global Engineering
- Mineral Resources
- Music Technology
- Nuclear Engineering
- Public Health & Engineering
- Renewable Resources Engineering
- NEW: Public Policy and Engineering
- NEW: Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Engineering
Like Engineering Minors, Engineering Certificates allow students to tailor their undergraduate degrees to meet individual interests.
Engineering Certificates are generally open to all current U of T Engineering undergrads with the following restrictions:
- Students in the Mineral Engineering degree program are not eligible for the Mineral Resources Certificate.
- Students in the Machine Intelligence Major or Robotics Major in Engineering Science are not eligible for the Artificial Intelligence Engineering Certificate.
A student interested in pursuing an Engineering Certificate must take the prescribed set of three courses outlined for each certificate.
Students must also obtain Department approval for their course selection and, in selecting elective courses, conform to enrolment requirements set by the Department offering the course.
There is no required enrolment process for engineering certificates. Once your certificate requirements have been met, the certificate will appear on your transcript upon graduation.
Students now have the option to add their Certificate enrolment directly on ACORN. Students can add their Certificates (but not Minors) through the "Programs" tab under "Enrol & Manage." You can find the program code for each Certificate in the Certificates section of the Academic Calendar. Unlike Minors, an enrolled Certificate will not show on your transcript until it is awarded at the time of Convocation.
We will continue to review the transcripts of all graduating students to assess whether you have completed a Certificate program. If you have met the requirements, the Certificate will be added to your transcript just prior to Convocation.
If you have any questions about Engineering Certificates, please email email@example.com.