Through the completion of this certificate, students will have the opportunity to gain specialized expertise and recognition for a personal and professional commitment to enhanced communication skills.
The courses will help students expand on their communication practices in contexts beyond engineering, deepen theoretical understanding of communication, and refine their writing, oral communication and critical thinking skills.
Students in the Communication Certificate must successfully complete a minimum of three of the following courses:
- TEP 281H1: Language & Meaning (HSS) (formerly APS 281H1)
- TEP 320H1: Representing Science on the Stage (HSS) (formerly APS320H1)
- TEP 321H1: Representing Science and Technology in Popular Media (HSS) (formerly APS321H1)
- TEP 322H1: Language & Power (HSS) (formerly APS 322H1)
- TEP 323H1: The Self & Negotiated Meaning in Work Life (CS) (APS 323H1)
- TEP 324H1: Engineering & Social Justice (HSS) (formerly APS 324H1)
- TEP 325H1: Engineering & Science in the Arts (HSS) (formerly APS 325H1)
- TEP 326H1: Special Topics in Creative Writing (HSS) (formerly APS 326H1)
- TEP 445H1: The Power of Story: Discovering Your Leadership Narrative (HSS) (formerly APS 445H1)
- INI 304H1: The Illusion & Reality of Evidence (CS)
- INI 305H1: Word and Image in Modern Writing (CS)
- INI 310H1: Stylistic Editing & Copy Editing (CS)