The Dean’s Undergraduate Student Summer Research Pivot Fellowship recognizes academic merit and is intended to support research projects where students are co-supervised (i.e., collaborative projects between two faculty members where at least one faculty member must be from U of T FASE).
Existing collaborative projects are eligible; however, preference will be given to new collaborations. Supervisors must be faculty members. Post-doctoral fellows and graduate students will not be considered as co-supervisors.
These awards are open to all undergraduate Engineering students (domestic and international).
Do you have any questions? Please contact the Undergraduate Research and International Experience Coordinator at URIE@engineering.utoronto.ca.
Applications for 2023 are now closed. Check back in February 2024 for details about the 2024 call for applications. For your reference, you can review last year’s application criteria and instructions below.
2023 Call for Applications: Dean’s Undergraduate Student Summer Research Pivot Fellowship
For 2023, each Dean’s UG Student Summer Research Pivot Fellowship award is valued at $5,000 CAD and supervisors must contribute an additional $1,500 CAD (for a total award value of $6,500 CAD). Up to 8 fellowships will be awarded during this year’s competition.
Program Information and Eligibility Requirements
- Term: Summer 2023; 14-week period (May to August)
- Award Criteria: Recipients must not hold any other summer stipend or fellowship support and must participate in the FASE Undergraduate Summer Research Program (USRP).
- Eligibility: All undergraduate students, international and domestic, are eligible to apply. Students currently on PEY are eligible pending completion of their position by April 30, 2023. Successful international candidates must hold a valid student visa for the duration of the fellowship.
- Deadline to Apply: Monday, March 20, 2023, at 12 p.m. (ET).
Your application package must include the following; combined in one single PDF document:
- Completed Application Form (PDF Form)
- Current CV
- Academic History – unofficial print-out from ACORN (your name must be visible on the ACORN print-out)
Applicants must submit their application package as one single PDF document online through Microsoft Forms before the deadline on Monday, March 20, 2023, at noon (ET).
Selected recipients can expect to be notified by Friday, March 31, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact the Undergraduate Research and International Experience Coordinator at URIE@engineering.utoronto.ca.