The Faculty of Forestry has expertise in sustainable resource management and bio-economics, sustainable energy production, green manufacturing and sustainable communities. This grouping of courses developed for engineering students reflects the strong interconnections between their work and various branches of Engineering.
The Certificate provides recognition for a demonstrated focus in renewable resources.
Students in the Renewable Resources Engineering Certificate must successfully complete a minimum of three courses from the list outlined below:
- FOR308H1 F: Discovering Wood & Its Role in Societal Development
- FOR421H1 F: Green Urban Infrastructure: Sustainable City Forests
- FOR424H1 S: Innovation and Manufacturing of Sustainable Materials
- FOR425H1 S: Bioenergy and Biorefinery Technology
- CHE475H1 S: Biocomposites: Mechanical and Bioinspiration