Leadership education is about learning how to effectively handle complex, human challenges that often mean the difference between success and failure. Engineers are taught to think analytically and systematically. Leadership skills build on these strengths to make you a more effective engineer. More than just important, they are critical.
This certificate recognizes a demonstrated focus in leadership courses provided by the Institute for Leadership Education in Engineering in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
Students in the Engineering Leadership Certificate must successfully complete a minimum of 3 courses from the list outlined below:
- APS 343H1 F/S: Engineering Leadership (formerly APS443H1) (CS)
- APS 442H1 S: Cognitive and Psychological Foundations of Effective Leadership (CS)
- APS 444H1 F: Positive Psychology for Engineers (HSS)
- APS 445H1 F: The Power of Story: Discovering your Leadership Narrative (HSS)
- APS 446H1 F/S: Leadership in Project Management (CS)
- APS 447H1: The Art of Ethical and Equitable Decision-Making in Engineering