Leadership education is about learning how to effectively handle complex, human challenges that often mean the difference between success and failure. Engineers are taught to think analytically and systematically. Leadership skills build on these strengths to make you a more effective engineer. More than just important, they are critical.
This certificate recognizes a demonstrated focus in leadership courses provided by the Institute for Leadership Education in Engineering in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
Students in the Engineering Leadership Certificate must successfully complete a minimum of 3 courses from the list outlined below:
- APS322H1 S: Language and Power (HSS)
- APS343H1 F/S: Engineering Leadership (formerly APS443H1) (CS)
- APS442H1 S: Cognitive and Psychological Foundations of Effective Leadership (CS)
- APS444H1 F: Positive Psychology for Engineers (HSS)
- APS445H1 F: The Power of Story: Discovering your Leadership Narrative (HSS)
- APS446H1 F/S: Leadership in Project Management (CS)
- APS447H1: The Art of Ethical and Equitable Decision-Making in Engineering (HSS)
- STE488H1 S: System Mapping Complex Problems