Through the completion of this certificate, students will have the opportunity to gain specialized expertise and recognition for a personal and professional commitment to enhanced communication skills.
The courses will help students expand on their communication practices in contexts beyond engineering, deepen theoretical understanding of communication, and refine their writing, oral communication and critical thinking skills.
Students in the Communication Certificate must successfully complete a minimum of three of the following courses:
- APS281H1: Language and Meaning
- APS320H1: Representing Science on the Stage
- APS321H1: Representing Science and Technology in Popular Media
- APS322H1: Language and Power
- APS323H1: Writing Lab
- APS324H1: Engineering and Social Justice
- APS325H1: Engineering and Science in the Arts
- APS445H1: The Power of Story: Discovering Your Leadership Narrative
- INI304H1: Critical Thinking and Inquiry in Written Communication
- INI305H1: Word and Image in Modern Writing
- INI310H1: Editing