Through the completion of this certificate, students will have the opportunity to gain specialized expertise and recognition for a personal and professional commitment to enhanced communication skills.
The courses will help students expand on their communication practices in contexts beyond engineering, deepen theoretical understanding of communication, and refine their writing, oral communication and critical thinking skills.
Students in the Communication Certificate must successfully complete a minimum of three of the following courses:
- APS 281H1: Language and Meaning (HSS)
- APS 320H1: Representing Science on the Stage (HSS)
- APS 321H1: Representing Science and Technology in Popular Media (HSS)
- APS 322H1: Language and Power (HSS)
- APS 323H1: Writing Lab (CS)
- APS 324H1: Engineering and Social Justice (HSS)
- APS 325H1: Engineering and Science in the Arts (HSS)
- APS326H1: Special Topics in Creative Writing (HSS)
- APS 445H1: The Power of Story: Discovering Your Leadership Narrative (HSS)
- INI 304H1: The Illusion and Reality of Evidence (CS)
- INI 305H1: Word and Image in Modern Writing (CS)
- INI 310H1: Stylistic Editing and Copy Editing (CS)