Looking for ways to succeed in the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering? Our Mental Health Programs Officer and Skule™ Mental Wellness are pleased to invite you to “Access to Success” (previously called “Academic Advisor Meet & Greet).
This is a great opportunity for undergraduate Engineering students to meet staff members who are here to help you, including:
- Academic Advisors
- Learning Strategist
- On-Location Accessibility Advisor
- engSuccess mentors
- GEARS mentors
- Engineering Computer & Science Library (ECSL)
- Mental Health Programs Officer
Stop by and take the opportunity to ask questions in person. You can also meet team members from NAVI and the Skule™ Mental Wellness team!
No registration is required. Drop by between classes or during your lunch break. Snacks will be provided!
We look forward to seeing you there! 💜
Please check the schedule below to find out at which times staff members and student leaders will be at the event!
Looking for meaningful work opportunities? Interested in connecting with key employers across a diversity of industries? Attend the University of Toronto Career Fair to grow your knowledge and skills!
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Time: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM (** early access from 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM)
Location: U of T St. George Exam Centre, 255 McCaul Street, Toronto, ON
** Early access is for Indigenous students, Black students, students who identify as 2SLGBTQ+, students with disabilities, and those whose participation would be hindered by noise, crowdedness, etc. This is in recognition of the systemic barriers that disproportionately impact students amongst these communities during their job search processes and to prioritize their access to employers.
Join us to…
- Connect with representatives from organizations who are recruiting for full time, community, and internship opportunities
- Gain important information related to recruitment processes to maximize your applications
- Practice your pitch and improve your networking skills with Career Educators
- Students from all years, all fields of study and campuses are invited, as well as recent graduates.
September 20, 2023, is the last day students can add or substitute F- or Y-term courses on ACORN.
For the complete list of sessional dates, visit the Engineering Academic Calendar.
Date: September 28, 2023
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Location: Bahen Lobby
It’s a new semester! This means it’s the perfect time to ensure you’re planning for success.
Come to this pop-up session to learn strategies to set up effective time management practices and learn about different resources on campus that can help with organization and planning!
In addition, there will be many upper-year engSuccess mentors eager to answer your questions and refreshments!
Are you planning to organize a mental health initiative at U of T Engineering in 2023-2024? Would like to have expert or peer guidance and possibly financial support? Consider joining the Mental Health Initiatives Community of Practice (MHI CoP)!
As a member of this Community of Practice, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other groups on mental health-related events, apply for a microgrant to make your initiative come to life, get to know the latest trends/ updates on mental health initiatives in FASE and offer peer guidance to others.
An information session will be held on Thursday, September 28 from 6-7 p.m. Learn more and register for the event here.
September 30 is Orange Shirt Day and the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Here are three ways you can commemorate the day:
- Continue learning. Start or continue your personal journeys towards understanding and acknowledging Indigenous peoples’ history, truths and culture through the Indigenous Cultural Competency Toolkit. The toolkit includes workshops, events and self-educational tools to help establish a more united, equitable and inclusive community.
- Attend the virtual event on September 29. The University of Toronto will commemorate the day on Friday, September 29 with remarks from Alexandra Gillespie, Vice-President & Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga, and Rose Patten, Chancellor, University of Toronto. Consider using one of U of T Engineering’s virtual backgrounds to commemorate the day.
- Wear an orange shirt on September 29 and 30. Join the national movement to honour the experiences of residential school survivors. If you don’t have an orange shirt yet, the U of T Bookstore, in partnership with the Office of Indigenous Initiatives, will have a limited supply of Orange Shirt Day shirts available for purchase; proceeds will go to Indigenous community organizations.
The You’re Next Career Network (YNCN) is hosting its annual Fall Career Fair on September 29.
Are you interested in exploring career opportunities and landing your dream job? Come out to YNCN’s Fall Career Fair 2023 to meet top-notch employers and learn about cutting-edge industries!
Whether you’re a first-year student looking for a summer internship, a fourth year trying to land your dream full-time job, or hunting for a PEY Co-op position, the career fair will have something for you.