Are you a new international student, recently returned Canadian resident or citizen or simply new to Toronto? A Transition Advisor from the Centre for International Experience (CIE) is available to meet with you to discuss all matters related to life at the University of Toronto and U of T Engineering.
A Transition Advisor is available to meet with you to discuss:
- How to access medical services and health insurance (i.e. UHIP)
- How to make friends and feel like you belong on campus
- Beginning and maintaining relationships with peers, instructors and employers
- Adjusting to all aspects of campus culture including academic, administrative and social
- How to develop strategies to relieve any stress you might have from your transition
- Adjusting to Canadian weather
- Available work, leadership and volunteer experiences
Please note CIE transition advisors cannot provide information about immigration documents (e.g. study permits, entry visas, work permits, etc.). For assistance regarding immigration documents, please review Immigration Advising on the CIE website.
Global Learning Opportunities for Domestic and International Students
Transition advisors also speak to domestic and international students about ways to enhance their education through global learning opportunities. Speak to them about:
- Summer opportunities for professional hours or credit-based research
- Exchange programs with over 50 partner institutions
- How to engage and develop intercultural competency skills
Tuesdays: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (GB 167)
Thursdays: 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (GB 167)
Students are welcome to drop in to speak with an advisor.
To book an appointment with a Transition Advisor:
- Visit https://clnx.utoronto.ca/home.htm.
- Log in with your UTOR ID and password.
- Go to “Appointments” on the left.
- Click “Learn More” under “St. George Centre for International Experience.”
- Click “Book an appointment now.”
- Click “Book International Transition Advising.”
- Click “Book by appointment provider.”
- Scroll down the list and select one of the transition advisors: Karen Pak, Yaseen Ali, Marc Arnold or Hanna Caplan.