As an engineering student, and in your future career as an engineer, math is essentially a language that you’ll need to be fluent in. To help you to get off to a great start, we have a number of resources for math preparation and support.
- An email with an individual link to online math quizzes on high school topics (calculus, algebra, functions, graphing, trigonometry, logarithms and exponentials) will be sent to all incoming first-year students in early August. This will help you identify problem areas to review.
- To assist in the review process, the U of T Department of Mathematics has a great online resource you can use.
- Part of the First Year Foundations summer programs, Calculus Boot Camp is an in-person, week-long opportunity to brush up on areas that you need to improve.
- New for 2017, we are also offering an optional, week-long Engineering Problem Solving and Mathematics course that will offer a more intensive experience than our Calculus Boot Camp, to give you a strong foundation for your first year.
- If you’re confident in your math abilities and wish to take one of your for-credit courses early to reduce your workload during the fall or winter semester, there is also the option to enrol in our Summer Online Calculus in July-August.